Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, November 04, 2005

Bush Approval Rating At New Low — I JUST BASHED MY ELBOW ON THE CORNER OF MY DESK

[source]


A new AP-Ipsos poll found the president's approval rating was at 37 percent, compared with 39 percent a month ago. About 59 percent of those surveyed said they disapproved.

Ouch. Fucking A, I just knocked my elbow on the corner of my goddamned desk. Ugh, god, I hate this feeling. Where the pain vibrates along the length of the bones in your forearm. Son of a bi—

The intensity of disapproval is the strongest to date, with 42 percent now saying they "strongly disapprove" of how Bush is handling his job — twice as many as the 20 percent who said they "strongly approve.

Like, I’m laughing now, because the pain is so freaking awful. Why am I giggling? This really effing hurts. Okay, shake it off, shake it off.

It’s not working. Damn you, desk. You know, let’s not forget your origins, desk. Remember the hospital? And then that hospital closed up, and before they took the wrecking ball to the building they sold the furniture inside at insanely low prices?

And yours was the lowest of all, wasn’t it? That’s right. There you sat in a dark corner. No one was paying attention to you, were they, desk? No. They wanted the big, heavy duty, metal desks. You are just a simple, wood desk, with a slide-out keyboard tray. I mean, you—hold on…

In the AP-Ipsos poll, nearly one in five Republicans disapproved of Bush's handling of his job, compared with nearly nine in 10 Democrats. Nearly seven in 10 independents disapproved.

I mean, you don’t even have any shelves! You know, sometimes, I would kill to have shelves. Kill. I would take a human life if it meant I could store books somewhere within your innards, suspended above the ground.

You’re lucky I’m laughing to myself. You’re lucky this is the funny bone, however unfunny. You’re lucky this isn’t the… trash your… stupid desk… bone.

You heard me.

8 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - you've got a desk from St. Cat's? All I got was picture frames (taken right off the walls), antique pharmacy books (including one with a recipe for heroine), and more office supplies than I'll ever be able to use. But, a desk would've been cool - the security guards probably would've helped me carry it to the car. LOL!

 
At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And on a completely unrelated note: you have to check out this library-cataloguing site, LibraryThing. I'm in the process of cataloguing my collection, and I'm thinking of doing Mom & Dad's collection sometime. If anything, it's a great record for insurance purposed. But, it's also a ton of fun.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

You mean there's still a percentage out there that DO support him? That's what's really shocking to me. I seriously can't think of ONE good thing this man has done since he stole the election 5 years ago. What is it that I'm missing here? What am I not seeing that republicans are seeing?

...and only 9/10 democrats disapprove? I think that they only interviewed 9 then.



P.S. Sorry about your arm, that shit hurts!

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Ouch. Om all accounts, and you got it bad. Vibrating all the way down your arm? That's just bitterly hilarious. And then Bush, that's also another thing that goes up on the list of "Things that are hysterically (mostly just hysterical, really) hilarious." Every time I see a report about him loosing support in the polls, I laugh until I cry, then I just mostly cry.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger 123-I-Love-You said...

How's it hanging, stranger?

Sometimes it seems as though inanimate objects have minds, and they are outraged by their inanimate status, so they wreak havoc by bashing our elbows and stubbing our toes.

Buggerly things.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger lovelygreensweater said...

I feell your pain...for bushs approvely rating being anything at all and for your desk seeking revenge on you.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Miss Devylish said...

What kills me, besides when I bang body parts on hard wooden desks or wooden cabinets or doors and such is that this is just now the lowest rating for Bush.. like.. you know.. the war and killing oh 2000 of our own people and maybe oh.. countless others who don't actually count cuz they aren't American didn't do it.

Hope the pain went away.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Dude, are you on crack? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home