Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Buying Something For Yourself?

During the Christmas season at Andrea's, shipping is obviously a big part of the job. Customers always need things (they've purchased in the store) shipped to their friends and relatives across the country. It's nice that they're thinking of other people. So, in their packages, I write...

Happy Holidays from all your friends at Andrea's!

Still, there are some who continue to buy things for themselves. I'm not sure what their deal is, but it seems a little egocentric. Almost like they're Satan. I can hear them laughing in a deep, twisted, demonic voice as they order over the phone. MWA-HA-HA. It's creepy.

In the packages of these people, the ones who seem to think only of themselves, I write...

Continued selfishness this holiday season!

I wonder how uncomfortable they feel when it arrives and they read the note? Does Satan blush? How would you know?

10 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger Syar said...

so, Satan's a regular customer at Andrea's? what does he buy? i bet snowglobes are a big hit down in hell.

my friend says she's always imagined satan coloured pvc-red, so maybe he just glows when he blushes, if he blushes at all.

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Mischa said...

Oops...i'm still buying myself things...does that mean....? hehehe

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Luke said...

I'd laugh at the note, but then again, I'm not an ass and/or try to get you fired.

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bah Humbug! I buy more for myself this time of year than any other - it's all on sale! Besides, there are just some things I don't trust anyone else to buy for me (i.e. home decor) or that I think are too expensive to request as gifts (i.e. Leo's latest book that is listing at $90). Besides, if I'm gonna bust my bank account, I want something out of it for me. LOL

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I don't understand how anybody can afford anything for themselves around the holiday season. Maybe they just aren't buying gifts. Truly, such a thing is Satanic.

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Lia said...

You're being unfair. Clearly, they just don't trust you to properly giftwrap the important gift to dear old Aunt Sally, and they want to do it themselves. That's the only reason to ship something to yourself. No one would ever *dream* of buying something for themselves right now!

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger LaTina said...

i bought myself a christmas present...an expensive one... a 42" plasma tv. does this mean i'll spend less money on everyone else? maybe. but do i care? not really. maybe i am satan.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Shavonne said...

I give up. I'm Satan. I intend to not only get myself a Christmas present but a birthday gift as well.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Satan...not so far off from Santa. Mix up the n...I bet Santa has to buy gifts for himself. Who else is going to buy them for him? The elves? Those bastards. Now that they've unionized, they won't work overtime for the big guy. Mrs. Claus? Isn't she just Santa in a dress? Do we have any proof that they are two seperate people?

Poor Satan. All that holiday cheer probably gets him down--just doing a little retail therapy.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger C. Nicholas Walker said...

Oh, C'mon...show some humility. What does Andrea's have that could possibly interest SATAN, lord of the underworld? Unless...oh no! You don't sell shoes, do you? He told me yesterday he was going to shop for some souls...oh my god, that was terrible and old. Just like SATAN. And that stain on my finger. Hmmm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home