Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sunday, September 04, 2005

The Drunk Post

I'm not really drunk. But I was. I think I've sobered up a bit. Hence, the ability to string together whole thoughts. It's so funny to me just the idea of being drunk. Especially when I'm drinking with my friends. Because we so easily fall into these horrible, horrible stereotypes. I'm aware of it as it happens. And yet, I can't do anything about it. As these topics came up, I would just laugh hysterically to myself in one instance (understanding the level of absurdity), and in the next instance, join in on the conversation.

The following topics came into the conversation no more than two or three times during the night:

- Evolution
- God: Is there a god? Why are we here?
- Eastern religions: "They know where it's at."
- The government: "Yeah, they're totally out to screw us."
- The JFK assassination. Again, the government. They are so out to get us.
- The moon landing: hoax or not?
- 9-11 and the repercussions...
- Oil...
- The evolution of human emotions...


I guess I'm not all that embarrassed to have joined in on these "deep" conversations, but it's funny to think about. When I've been drinking, it's not as if you're not in control, it's just that the controls are much more difficult to man. I can hear the ridiculously stupid topics that are being raised, and still I join in as if I were arguing in front of Congress. It's quite a unique experience. Of course, there are quite a few people who already know what I'm talking about, so no explanation needed.

I don't know. It just struck me as funny.

Oh yeah. And one kid uttered something which stayed with me all night. And so now I'll post it. "Dude, like, Airplane was good, but Jefferson Starship is where they really hit their stride. Those years were just totally magical, man."

Any mispellings or errors in this post are already explained I think. Even when I went back to edit it was hazy.

10 Comments:

At 3:11 AM, Blogger 123-I-Love-You said...

Andy - read and nearly killed myself laughing on the post about your job with the inspirational rocks. Rocks carved with words like "famine" would be precious indeed.

In your writing you remind me of an optimistic Chuck Palahniuk. Have you read "Choke"? Dark, funny, sad stuff.

d.

 
At 5:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah you're really great ! You rock ;)

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger The Guilf said...

Drink claims another victim!

First you'll be talking about human evolution, and then your shirt and jeans will be off and you'll be singing Dancing in the Moonlight with a mop.

...

*Cough*

Guilf out.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Drunk post! And I didn't note any spelling errors, so take pride in that. Then again, I wasn't looking so hard. Those are the best topics to talk about drunk, in fact, the only way to talk about them. Anyways, great post, even through things were fuzzy when you wrote it!

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger 52X Max said...

I was gonna comment in your post, the I read the first spam comment linking you to a page called how do I stop comment spam... talk about irony.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger VVM said...

Just for the record: anyone who thinks that Jefferson Starship was better than Jef. Airplane was truly inebriated.

Great post, by the way.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger HistoryGeek said...

Blogging drunk...good job at no mis-spellings (that always seems the first thing to go).

Funny thing though, I'm always so caught up in everything being so damned funny when drunk that I rarely become passionate about anything (unless it's about how much I love the people I'm with).

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Caro said...

it's amazing how most drunk people can't walk in a straight line, but you manage to write a post without spelling errors...and funny to boot!

grr. i'm jealous.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger geekdarling said...

Huh. Just posted a drunk blog myself. Well, not JUST...
Anyway, we were drinking and talking about God/Faith/Religion and somehow ended up on the topic of Snot Rockets...

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I know people who can talk start talking in another language when drunk. Me , I just get horny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home